Monday, April 28, 2014

Testimony of the Atonement

Hey, forgot my memory card reader in the apartment, so once again I don't have pics to send. Super sorry! But hey, FYI, I let my companion cut my hair...no joke! My hair was a little scraggly and had lots of dead ends, so I let Hermana Jaramillo cut it. It's just a little shorter, but a lot healthier. It also looks good, because she studied at beauty school for a few months before the mission. Today was cambios (transfers), but neither me nor my companion were transferred this time.

This week, my companion and I have been trying hard to work with members so that they can share the gospel with friends and family. We are really struggling to find new people to teach, so we're hoping that God is preparing people for the members to find so that we can teach them and help them come unto Christ.

I have finally begun to read Jesus the Christ, and I am learning a LOT! I am learning a lot about the circumstances of His birth and His foreordination in heaven. If anything, my testimony of Christ as my Savior and Heavenly Father as wise and loving father has been strengthened. The Atonement was a divine gift on our behalf, and was an essential part of the Plan of Happiness. I have studied a lot about repentance this week, and I have become even more aware of my imperfections, my weaknesses, and my mistakes. I am so grateful that my Father sacrificed His Only Begotten so that I can repent and be better. It's thanks to Him that I can live with my family for eternity! I am indebted to Him forever, and I want to do what He asks because I love Him and want the promised blessings that He has made possible. "His way is the path that leads to happiness in this life, and eternal life in the world to come. God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine son!"


No comments:

Post a Comment