Thursday, July 3, 2014

Struggles, Fasting, and Brownies

Monday, June 23rd, 2014

So, this past week, my new companion, Hermana Pinto, has had a little bit of a hard week feeling sick and discouraged, but I'm trying to help her. I know that we can do lots of good things here. She has had many baptisms in the first 6 months of her mission, so to come here where we haven't had one for a while and it's harder to get investigators, she's been feeling kinda frustrated. I'm trying hard to stay upbeat and praying for her to have enthusiasm and health so that she can keep working hard. I feel like the Lord is blessing us so much here, even if it's not in having baptisms.

This week, we held a special fast, where we fasted for Luis and Raquel, two investigators that are really hard, and also for us to find new investigators. I can attest to the power of fasting. I know that the Lord answered my fast. Saturday night, after we had begun our fast, we began teaching a family! There are 6 in this family, a husband, wife, and four sons, from 23 to 8 years old. We began teaching the parents and two of their sons, and we are looking forward to teaching their other 2 sons as well. Then, on Sunday, Luis and Raquel both came to church! The Lord blessed us so much to be able to find this family and continue working with the families we have, and we're doing everything possible to help them progress.
We made brownies with frosting....it was really good,
 but really sweet. I love frosting!
 It's been so long since I'd eaten it.

No comments:

Post a Comment