Monday, July 14, 2014

Adios Mundial.

Well, my week was pretty uneventful to say the least. Hermana Pinto was sick, so we stayed in the apartment for the most part of 3 days. Then you throw in the World Cup soccer games and the whole country basically shuts down. Needless to say, I got super bored and our numbers were really low. However, we have high hopes and goals for this next week.

Later today we find out about cambios (transfers). I'm pretty sure I'm going to stay here for one more cambio, so I'm not too nervous. However, one thing I am nervous about is coming up at the end of August, Elder Neil L. Anderson will be coming to talk to the missionaries and leaders here in this mission and a few others. Elder Rojas (my zone leader...who by the way, if we both stay here one more cambio, will have been my zone leader for an entire year straight!) told me that our zone is in charge of a musical number, and I once told him that I play the violin. Know what that means? Elder Rojas wants me to play the violin for the musical number in front of hundreds of people and an apostle! Yikes! If I'm not changed out of this zone, I will probably be playing for the conference. Since I haven't played in over a year, I'm super duper nervous! Well, we'll see what happens. Things change all the time here in the mission. If there aren't any changes, Elder Rojas has found someone who owns a violin and we'll begin practicing this week.

P.S. So a quick note that I did not get transferred after all, but Elder Rojas did. So he won't be my zone leader for an entire year, but that's OK. However, I'm still not sure what this means about the musical number. We'll see what the new zone leaders want to do, I guess.



No comments:

Post a Comment