Monday, February 10, 2014

Mass Weddings and Peruvian-Mexican Food


Well, as far as I know, Valentine's isn't anything too special here in Peru, but several cities have mass weddings and lots of people get married that day, so that's good. If anything exciting happens, I'll let you know.


Noche de hogar with our pensionista's family.
The Book of Mormon really is great! Something I've noticed is that when my investigators actually read it on their own, they progress and gain a testimony of the church. When they don't read, they don't progress. The Book of Mormon is so important, the keystone of our religion!

Oh, my parents told me about the 50th anniversary of the Beatles playing on the Ed Sullivan Show this past weekend. It would be fun to listen to them again. I have heard their songs a couple of times in Peru, but not many people really listen to the Beatles here.

Mmmm tacos!
My parents also mentioned the Olympics started in Russia this past week. I didn't even know they were going on. I haven't seen anyone watching the Olympics here in Peru and haven't heard anything about them. There are actually quite a few members here that have BYUTV in Spanish, and they get to see BYU play soccer and some other sports. It was really weird for me to see them watching a BYU Women's soccer game -- ha ha! I was like, hey, that's my school!

So, this week, nothing really exciting happened. We had a fecha bautismal fall through. We're working with our investigators to follow through with their commitments. We have been trying to get Hermana I. to come to church, Hermana F. to pray and decide to be baptized, Hermana E. to follow through with her fecha, and for Hermana K.R. to come to church and want to be baptized. We have been working with these people so much, and hope they can be baptized!

So, here are a few pics from last week. We had a noche de hogar with the family of our pensionista, and she bought us (Peruvian) Mexican food in honor of Hermana Morales. Mmm tacos! It was actually pretty good, but I prefer Café Rio!

Hermana Morales is super sweet, and made me a sign for my 9-month mark on Saturday. Also, this Thursday will be my hump day! Don't get trunky now! Woohoo! Sometimes the time flies by so fast.

Well, that's about it for this week. I hope that everyone at home has a great Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment