Monday, September 2, 2013

Climbing the Stairs at Colegio las Animas

Hermana Gladys and me
 Not a lot of exciting news this week. We are still working hard to find inactive members and investigators to teach. Luckily we have a lot of help from the members here. Here are two of the hermanas in our ward who have helped us a ton. They are super awesome! They go out on a lot of visits with us, help us with our Spanish, and help us with addresses and such.


Hermana Marilou and Hermana Larsen


We also explored part of our area this week that is called Colegio las Animas, Independencia, Puente Piedra, but we just call it Las Animas. It is built entirely on a hill and the houses are super close together. There is this crazy staircase that beats the ones at BYU! Also a super steep hill that we go up to visit Hermana Marilou.
See me at the top of the steep stairs?

The view at the top of the stars in Las Animas
Me, Hermana Larsen, and our pensionista, Hermana Maria


The Relief Society hermanas want me to teach them how to make cupcakes. I asked my parents to send me my recipes. We can get pretty much the same ingredients here as we have in the US, you just have to look for them and sometimes pay a little more. However, everything here is in grams and milliliters and such, so it could be interesting to try to convert the recipes. We'll see how they turn out.

I was super surprised after writing my emails last Monday when the Zone Leaders came and handed me four letters! I was so incredibly happy and surprised! Thanks so much! I loved reading them all! Well, unfortunately I am about out of time this week. I will try to write more next week, and hopefully I'll have some great news to tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment